Improve the health conditions of rural families and reduce the prevalence of diarrheal diseases in children under 5 years of age.
- North of the country : Memba and Nacala districts in Nampula province
- Organize community awareness workshops, including in schools, to improve family hygiene knowledge and practices
- Support rural communities to construct and rehabilitate protected water points (wells and boreholes) and build family latrines
- Strengthen the capacity of local actors and enable them to ensure the sustainability of structures
- Strengthen the knowledge and skills of village committees and train them in the management and maintenance of structures
- Set up water points maintenance services: pumps spare parts dealers and local craftsmen
- Support the OSUWELA cooperative in tracking pump repairers and supporting spare parts dealers
- Strengthen the capacity of government water officials to monitor the maintenance of water points
- Village committees, public water utilities, local private operators (pumps spare parts dealers and craftsmen);
- Private supplier of spare parts: the local company SkyTech.