- Access to safe water in rural areas of Sierra Leone, different solutions for different situations…
- Legal frame in Sierra Leonea description of the legal frame and the current policies regulating the water sector in rural areas of the country
- Water wells and hand-pump systems:
a general presentation of hand-dug wells, boreholes and of the different parts of a hand-pump
- Seasonal wells
understanding one of the main causes of wells’ drying in Sierra Leone, through an analysis of a water table movements.
- Developing communities through women and water
a small paper giving some clues to increase women’s participation for decisions related to the management and maintenance of a collective good, the water supply infrastructure
- The Water Committee
a presentation of the role of the Water Committee members and a participative method for their training
- Survey on access to safe water in 3 districts
presentation of the results of a survey conducted end of 2010 assessing the condition of 2.854 water-supply infrastructures in Bo, Koinadugu andTonkolili
The content, documents, information, texts, images of this site are produced by Inter Aide’s team. Some notes are also distributed through the “Pratiques” network (piloted by Inter Aide). Other sources are mentioned when content has not been produced by Inter Aide.
We would like to stress here that the information is not prescriptive. The purpose is not to “say what should be done” but to facilitate the exchange of ideas, methods and feed-back from field experiences.
Authors allow the reproduction or use of any of this content, provided that the information they contain is reproduced entirely including the source (Inter Aide or Pratiques Network) and this notice.