In 2018 Inter Aide carried out 9 programs in Malawi providing support to 59,590 families in the following fields:
- WASH program: raising awareness about sanitation and hygiene, providing support for the improvement of water treatment, building and rehabilitating wells, developing networks that maintain water points and rendering them self-sufficient: thanks to hand pump mechanics and spare parts dealers ( potentially 5,500,000 users reached in the area covered)
- Agriculture: supporting family farming
- Health: reducing infant and child mortality
The current areas of intervention are located in:
- South Region: Phalombe, Zomba, Mulanje and Chiradzulu Districts
- Center Region: Lilongwe, Dedza, Mchinji, Salima, Dowa, Ntchisi, Kasungu Districts
These areas of intervention are among the most densely populated in the country, which means the needs for basic services are high and access to land is limited particularly in rural areas which is where almost 80% of families live (and where the projects are implemented).
4 local partners
- Associations for the Vaccination against the Newcastle Disease
- The “BASEDA“ NGO (BAsic SErvices Development Agency) and its branch in the Southern Region called “TIMMS”, which Inter Aide has been working with since 2008 developing networks for the maintenance of water points
- Main suppliers of hand pump spare parts with the network of dealer shops.