Improvement of access to safe drinking water and sanitation for vulnerable populations, through the involvement on a sustainable basis of the Rural Communes and the users.
Intervention areas: East coast and South of the country, North of Antanarivo – regions:
- Analanjirofo: Vavatenina and Fénérive Est districts (partnership with Soakoja)
- Atsimo-Atsinanana: Farafangana district
- Vatovavy-Fitovinany: Manakara and Vohipeno districts (partnership with Tehyna)
- Analamanga: Manjakandriana and Ambohidratrimo districts
- Establish partnership agreements with the Rural Communes and support them in the concerted definition of their drinking water and sanitation needs
- Sensitize users to adopt appropriate hygiene and sanitation practices (latrines)
- Support Rural Communes and communities in the construction and management of structures
- Support the establishment of management, monitoring and maintenance services for existing structures (source and well catchments) provided on behalf of the communes by professional non-profit contractors (local NGOs Tehyna and Soakoja).
- The malagasy NGOs TEHYNA and SOAKOJA ;
- Rural communes, regional directorates for water, sanitation and hygiene.