Position based in MOZAMBIQUE
(Monapo District / Nampula Province)
Inter Aide is a French NGO specialised in implementing development programmes for vulnerable families. The fields of action are access to water, hygiene and sanitation, agriculture, health and school support. The programmes are implemented in rural areas, often isolated, combining high intensity of needs and high population density, and where the context is sufficiently stable to develop actions favouring the autonomy of the beneficiary populations. Inter Aide is currently active in 6 countries (Mozambique, Malawi, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Sierra Leone, Haiti) and activities are starting in Guinea.
The actions were initiated in Mozambique in 2004. 5 programmes are currently being implemented in Nampula Province, in the north of the country: 2 community health programmes (in the Districts of Memba and Monapo), 2 water-hygiene-sanitation programmes (in the same Districts of Memba and Monapo), 1 programme for the development of water point maintenance services currently being implemented in 4 Districts (Memba, Nacala-a-Velha, Mossuril and Monapo)
In Monapo District, WASH activities were first conducted within the framework of the area’s community health programme, and then within the framework of a specific WASH project initiated in early 2020 (the Project Manager arrived in Monapo in January 2020). Although recent, the WASH programme is now well structured with an operational team in place, and in 2021 it will have its second campaign to support rural communities and build facilities (water points and latrines). It is based on four main axes:
- Training of rural communities in good hygiene and sanitation practices;
- Improving access to sanitation for families: construction of family latrines;
- Improving access to drinking water for rural communities: construction of protected water points (boreholes and wells);
- Strengthening the capacities of community and institutional structures to support families and ensure the monitoring and maintenance of the works built.
The current objective is to continue defining action strategies and developing activities to meet the important needs of the area, in collaboration with the community health and water point maintenance projects.
Inter Aide is looking for an experienced person to lead the EHA programme in Monapo and to replace the current manager who will leave in March 2022.
The EHA Programme Manager will be based in Monapo District (the project office and the Manager’s accommodation are based in the Itoculo Rural Administration Post). He/she will travel frequently to the rural communities of the area, as well as to neighbouring districts where Inter Aide is active.
He/she will be responsible for the management of water, hygiene and sanitation activities and for their strategic and geographical development.
His/her responsibilities will include
- Supervision of the implementation of activities and improvement of the programme strategy;
- Collaboration and complementarity of actions with the health and water point maintenance programmes in the common intervention areas;
- Operational monitoring and evaluation of the programme (data collection and analysis, field surveys, mapping, etc.);
- Collaboration and involvement of local authorities (in particular water services and local administration), as well as other sectoral actors in the area;
- Recruitment, training and supervision of the programme team (about 15 people, some of whom are shared with the health programme in the area);
- Monitoring and improving internal procedures (HR, logistics, security, etc.)
- Conducting the administrative procedures necessary for the smooth running of the programme;
- Financial management of the programme: budget monitoring, fund requests, accounting;
- Operational and financial reporting to the Heads of Sector and the Finance Officer based in France;
- Capitalizing on the experience gained, in conjunction with the EHA Capitalization Officer based in France.
- Higher education in a relevant field: hydraulics, hydrogeology, civil engineering
- Previous experience in developing countries required, preferably on a development project
- High degree of autonomy in the work and a strong taste for the field
- Experience in team management (ability to make and communicate decisions)
- Methodological rigour, teaching skills, patience, tenacity
- Diplomacy, ability to negotiate with the authorities and to collaborate with other projects
- Fluency in Portuguese preferred
- Driving licence
STATUS AND CONDITIONS
- VSI status – 24 months renewable
- VSI allowance of 1400€ per month + field allowance
- Full social security coverage + repatriation insurance
- 1 return flight at the beginning and end of the mission + 1 annual return flight
- Possibility to leave as a couple
Position to be filled from march 2022
Applications will be selected as they are received.
Please send to email@example.com
Your CV and cover letter
indicating in the subject line the reference MOZ/EHA/MON/22
More information on http://www.interaide.org