Founded in 1980, Inter Aide is a specialized in the design and implementation of development programs, for the benefit of the most disadvantaged populations, with the objective of strengthening their capacities and those of local actors in order to improve their conditions.
Present in Ethiopia since 1988, Inter Aide implement projects in the rural mountainous and populated areas of the southern region (SNNPR), mainly in the field of family farming and access to safe water
For its office in Addis Ababa, Inter Aide France is seeking an internship on Finance and Administration in order to support the organization.
- Category: Finance, Administration, Accounting
- Location: Addis Ababa with regular travels in the project areas located in the Southern Region, mainly Sodo town and periphery (15% of the time)
- Under management of: Inter Aide Country Director
- Duration: 6 months from November 2020 to February 2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and check the application of the internal purchase and financial procedures.
- Encode the expenses handled into the accounting
- Provide support to the Country director on financial/audit reports
- Check field and Addis office accounting databases and the receipts
- Collect funds request from the field on monthly basis;
- Checks Addis office and field cash flows, checks cash boxes
- Assists quarterly and annual financial reports/audits
- Deals with suppliers and partners for invoices preparation and follows up of office expenses
- Types letters and ensure transmission
- Prepares payroll and income tax payment on monthly basis
- Prepares withholding tax payment when requested in collaboration with the logistician
- Gives support to field head admins and project admins
- Receives and make phone calls when requested
Other duties may be requested to facilitate the administrative, financial and logistic activities of the Office.
Education and/or Experiences:
- BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related fields – Bioforce finance and human resources training
- Previous experience in INGO sector is a plus
- Knowledge of logistics compliances is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualities:
- Advanced understanding of the Microsoft Office Pack and accounting software’s (high interest to work on excel)
- Very good English language writing and speaking skills
- Flexible and open minded
- Well organized
Position to be filled in November 2020
The selection of applications will be done as and when they are received.
Thank you to send CV + LM under reference ETH/FINANCE/2020 to