In 2016, Inter Aide carried out 12 programs in Ethiopia, providing support to 11,963 families in the following fields:
- WASH program: raising awareness about sanitation and hygiene, building gravity-fed water systems and supporting the development of water management community services (associations and federations of users)
- Health: tuberculosis control and reproductive health
- Agriculture: supporting family farming
The current areas of intervention are located in the south:
- Gamo Gofa : Daramalo
- Kembatta Tembaro: Kacha Bira, Hadero
- Wolayta: Damot Sore, Damot Gale, Ofa, Kindo Didaye
- Dawro: Loma, Gena, Mareka, Torcha, Boloso Sore et Boloso Bombe
These districts are located in mountainous areas, where the population density is among the highest in rural Africa (average of 300 to 600 inhabitants / km²).
1 local partner: RCBDIA (Rural Community Based Development Initiative Association).
Inter Aide works with the local NGO “RCBDIA” to:
- Help the most vulnerable families increase their agricultural production levels thanks to optimized farming practices, improved techniques and the diversification of production
- Rehabilitate water points and support federations in managing and maintaining them